Past Barks

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Dog Stuff To Love #2

   In this world that is increasingly obsessed with its dogs (rightfully so, I think, ;) ) there exists a plethora of dog related products. I, as a groomer, get to play with some of the newest shampoos, conditioners, dog toys, check out the latest treats, leashes, etc. The best part? I get to give my opinion on them to the public, because I want to. You will notice that not all of my reviews are good. Every once in a while I will throw in a "Stay away from" because if I feel that I wasted the money on the product, I would like to help you avoid wasting the money as well.
    You will also see links to the products, as I really love more than anything to help people find the best deals and prices on my favorite products. Some of my favorite websites are here:
Ryan's Pet Supply
Pet Edge
And, Groomer's Choice

These are the wholesale websites I use to get my awesomeness, and of course, my grooming equipment, and sometimes, products that I absolutely hate.


So, without further paws (Get it, paws? Ok, I'm lame,)
The Doofy Dog Blog Presents:
Dog Stuff to Love #2!


First up, tags from The Mad Stampers on Etsy:
Their tags are beautiful, hand stamped, and a little different every time. Their customer service is incredible, fast shipping, and their prices can't be beaten. 




Next up, something to put a little fun into your pet's grooming that can also be used on you! I have a lot of fun with these, from doing them native american style in ears, to doing them Vegas show girl style in topknots, and have even put them in my hair, I'm talking, of course, about Feather Extensions! Ryan's Pet Supply has a fantastic deal on them right now, beads, clamp, threader and feathers for under $17, and they're so easy to use even I can't screw them up (Ok, maybe I can... Like the first four times I tried it... SHHH!)



Next up is a shampoo that I'm absolutely in love with. It smells great, works wonderfully, and is made by a small business owner whose ridiculously savvy when it comes to sales, her line shampoos are incredible, but my absolute favorite is her citrus oil shampoo, it is the best degreaser and destinker I've come across in my eight year grooming career, and unlike a lot of other shampoos, it leaves the coat soft without even needing a conditioner. No matter how far I go from Colorado, I'll be keeping this stuff around. 



Those of you out there who have problems with your pets scratching the couch, the floors, and worst yet, your skin, should think about introducing nail grinding into your life. While I was at the Ryan's warehouse, I decided I needed to replace my old cordless dremmel with something that would last a little longer and have some more go power. After comparing several models, I settled on the Andis 2 speed easy clip nail grinder, and I'm glad I did. Its easy to hold unlike many other nail grinders, nearly silent, and packs plenty of power to run through tons of dogs a day. It comes with different attachments, several refills for the barrel, and a great little carrying case to keep it all in. 




The next product I bring to you is the Monster Ball. I had the pleasure of receiving one of these in a past Bark Box, and its fabulous. They come in different colors and sizes and can be stuffed with whatever you like. I love them because my 15 year old Tibetan Spaniel has way fewer problems getting treats out of this than she does her Kong (which is another product I love, but seriously, everyone knows about them!) 


And last, but not least, a product I absolutely hate and recommend you avoid at all costs. I'm not a huge fan of Oster products as it is, I far prefer Andis, but for the price, I thought I'd give it a shot. Introducing the Oster Amp, a lithium Ion powered hand held clipper that was supposed to be great for doing feet and faces... what it was was a waste of money. The battery life is almost nonexistent, the power is barely there, and frankly... I just hated it. Never, ever again.





That's all for today. I'm about to head out to enjoy the last batch of Grammy's lentil soup we'll have for a while, as we're moving to Arizona in a week, and bake a black forest cake, because they're delicious. 

All My Paws,
Annie










No comments: