Past Barks

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Samples - A Groomer's Best Friend!

Since opening my salon this past summer, I have been in search of a supplier or two to pledge undying allegiance to, and I've finally found them! For years and years I've been going to my local grooming supplier, and while there's nothing wrong with them, sometimes that extra few dollars saved by ordering straight from the manufacturer is a blessing.



I wrote out to several companies and was met with many that couldn't be bothered to send a free sample, but also quite a few who were more than willing (do be prepared to pay shipping in some instances!) Through this process, I found two suppliers that I'm absolutely in love with - not just for their products, but for their customer service as well!

The first place who rose beautifully to the occasion is Espree - Andrea, my rep, was easy to talk to, answered all my questions without hesitation, and got me taken care of quickly. My samples also arrived fast, and work and smell great. Andrea also helped me pick out the products that would be most relevant to my salon, and it was fantastic to not get product I would never use!

What I received from Espree:

Simple Shed Shampoo
Silky Show Conditioner
Luxury Remoisturizer Conditioner



My biggest problem with the #1 deshedding shampoo is that I'm allergic to it, and so I never was able to carry a deshedding treatment in my salon. I did things the old fashioned (and LONG way) to avoid having to deal with hives and red skin for days on end. Andrea pointed me toward the Simple Shed shampoo and it was love at first use. Not only did it help me to complete my deshedding more quickly, it didn't leave the coat heavy feeling like most of the deshedders I've used in the past. My husky client rejoiced when she picked her dog up and she was soft, far less hairy, and smelling fantastic. This dilutes 16:1.
Smoky after Simple Shed Shampoo


The Silky Show Conditioner  and Luxury Remoisturizer Conditioner
I love them both - Silky show is great for pets with long coats that need a little help, Luxury Remoisturizer is my new found go-to for matted pets who's skin needs a little TLC, this stuff does exactly what the name says - remoisturizes! Both can be used diluted or at full strength.
Starbuck after Silky Show Conditioner

 I have also since ordered two of their holiday shampoos: Sugar Cookie and Peppermint Candy Cane. They do more than just smell good - they clean fantastically as well, there is no cleaning power lost to the smell! The holiday shampoos also came with matching sprays which aren't just perfume - they're deodorizing as well! Espree is definitely staying in my e mail contacts list!

The other company that rose beautifully to the occasion, much to my surprise, is Les Poochs. This company puts out some seriously high grade product, they sell brushes and other products as well as shampoos, conditioners and fragrances.

My Les Pooch package arrived in just over a month, it was a long time, but very much worth the wait! The amount, and quality of the products that showed up were simply astounding, and the packaging was absolutely stunning. I may have to take a trip to New York just to visit Les Poochs!





Here's what came in my sample bag:
Pooch botanique Medicated and General cleansing MedAcetic Shampoo
Michel's Special Reserve Clairifying Shampoo
Pooch De Noel Conditioning Shampoo
Vitamin Enriched Conditioning Shampoo with Alo Vera
Pooch Bright PH Balanced Brightening Shampoo
Pooch Puppy Tearless Shampoo
Micorencapsulated Creme Rinse Conditioner
Pooch Botanique Hypo Allergenic Frangrance Free shampoo
F&T Ear Wax remover
MedAcetic Ear & Skin Cleanser
Les Pooch Concentrated Prewash Detangling Spray
and 10 of the most darling little sample bottles of \perfume I've ever seen



The first thing I did when they arrived was violently hiss at my dogs to be quiet before they woke the baby - apparently our UPS man can't read and rang the door bell during nap time. But after that, my oldest daughter and I went on a smelling spree! Holy cow, this stuff all smells amazing (except the hypo, it is as promised, completely fragrance free which I've foubnd to be rare among products that are labelled as such!)

Alas, I've only had time to try a few of the products since they arrived a few hours ago, but what I've tried I love. Bridget got to be the victim of the detangling spray, Pooch De Noel shampoo, cream rinse, ear cleaner and Noel fragrance spray. To say she got pampered would be an understatement - these products have to be the finest the grooming industry has to offer. Now I'm dying to try the Les Poochs dematting brush.

Pooch De Noel smells like the epitome of clean - not over powering and almost like clean laundry - which is a happy smell for me!

The Creme Rinse smells kind of like sweet candy canes, you know, the kind you buy when want to deck your tree with something other than traditional holiday colors. It left a pleasant smell that made me want to snuggle my rotten brat of a dog. The detangling spray worked it's magic in Bridget's ears, which Percy likes to yank around when they play, leading to matting and grossness. The ear cleaning solution is the first I've run across that doesn't smell like some sort of hospital antiseptic and I'm in love. There was no greasy residue, no smelly leftovers, and it did the job beautifully. I will definitely be ordering from Les Poochs again!


Unfortunately, I did not get a photo of Bridget post torture before one of my demon spawn let her out into the yard to roll in filth. Oh well, maybe another time. :/

Happy grooming, everyone!

No comments: